In 2003, AACA raised $2.8 million to contribute to the construction of the Chinatown Community Education Center at 87 Tyler Street where AACA is currently headquartered. This initial investment has given AACA the right to acquire permanent ownership of its facility in January 2015 for $3 million. We are now seizing this critical opportunity to complete the ownership of our headquarters and to secure our future.
Our Board of Directors has made an enthusiastic commitment to launch the AACA “Secure Our Future” Campaign to raise $3 million by January 2015. Ownership will eliminate our annual rental cost of $133,584. These savings will free up funds to expand our three current job training programs which have long waiting lists. We will also be able to begin the plans for four new exciting workforce initiatives.
Make a quick donation using the PayPal button above (PayPal account is not required. You can choose to make either a single or a sustaining monthly contribution on the PayPal screen.)
“I applaud the Asian American Civic Association for providing high quality services for Boston’s vulnerable citizens and employers. AACA positively impacts the city’s economic development by giving people the skills to become employable and ultimately reinvest in our economy as successful and strong consumers.”
– Thomas M. Menino, Mayor of Boston
Make a quick donation using the PayPal button below (PayPal account is not required. You can choose to make either a single or a sustaining monthly contribution on the PayPal screen.)
In order to reach our goal of $3 million, we will need generous supporters from all giving levels:
|Size of Gift||Number Needed||Minimum Need|
|$500,000 or more||1||$500,000|
|$300,000 – $499,999||2||$600,000|
|$100,000 – $299,999||5||$500,000|
|$50,000 – $99,999||10||$500,000|
|$25,000 – $49,999||14||$350,000|
|$10,000 – $24,999||22||$220,000|
|$5,000 – $9,999||50||$250,000|
|$1,000 – $4,999||80||$80,000|
- Cash gifts are the most flexible campaign gifts. These can be made online using PayPal.
- Pledges are cash gifts paid over a period of 12 months or longer. Gifts may be made in monthly, quarterly, semi-annually or yearly installments at donor’s direction. Monthly and yearly gifts can be made through our donations page. Alternatively, if you would like to pledge by mail, download and print and mail our “Secure Our Future” Campaign Pledge Form to Asian American Civic Association, Attn: Development Office, 87 Tyler Street, 5/F, Boston, MA 02111.
Other Gift Options
- Stocks and Bonds are a common form of gift. Gifts of securities can include stocks, bonds, certain mutual funds and money market funds.
- Non-cash gifts are an alternative way you can support our cause. You may, for example, consider gifts of real estate or gifts of personal property such as artwork, jewelry and antiques.
- Deferred gifts can be given or arranged now, and will not be redeemed until later. It includes gifts through a person’s will by bequest, gifts of life insurance policies or annuities, and gifts in trust.
- Matching gifts are grants an employer makes to match its employees’ charitable contributions. Check with your employer for the form you need to initiate a match.
For any of the above gift options, or for more information about supporting the Secure Our Future campaign, please contact Devika Thayanban, Development Officer at (617) 426-9492 x231 or email email@example.com.
“I’m most impressed with AACA’s emphasis on strong management, understanding what the program data is telling us, and measuring their results.”
– Joseph A. McGrail, Chief Operating Officer, State Street Foundation Inc. & Vice President of Corporate Citizenship, State Street Corporation