Asian American Civic Association
AACA’s mission is to provide limited English speaking and economically disadvantaged people with education, occupational training and social services enabling them to realize lasting economic self-sufficiency.
Job Title: Career Coach
The Career Coach is responsible for providing post-job placement services to employers and graduates of AACA’s job training programs in order to support long-term job retention and career advancement. Job training graduates are working in the building maintenance, automotive, and banking and finance industries.
- Lead agency’s retention program. Develop, expand, and implement services that will lead to sustained long-term job retention and career advancement for graduates placed into employment
- Develop individual career and retention plans for each client; follow program graduates for 2 years post placement and provide services that help them retain and advance in employment
- Assist graduates with navigating benefits packages, resolving workplace conflicts, and developing financial plans for their future
- Develop and maintain relationships with employer partners and develop understanding of employer requirements for career advancement
- Assist placed graduates with re-employment if needed, including assistance with resume updates, interviewing practice, and job search
- Act as a resource for supervisors at employer partners who have questions or concerns about AACA’s graduates who they employ
- Develop and implement workshops useful for placed graduates, including developing content, arranging speakers, and leading outreach to clients
- Work with employers to develop mentorships for placed graduates
- Ensure client information and outcomes are recorded in AACA’s database and track and report retention outcomes compared to goals regularly
- Participate in workforce team activities, including attendance at program meetings and providing input into program design, recruitment, selection, and program evaluation and improvement
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Experience providing direct services to immigrant and/or low-income clients required
- Experience building relationships with employers required
- Keen understanding of tools needed for career advancement
- Knowledge of career ladders in banking, automotive, and/or building maintenance occupations a plus
- Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Commitment to AACA’s mission of helping limited English speaking and economically disadvantaged people gain economic self-sufficiency
- Availability to work evenings/weekends when needed to meet with clients
- Availability of transportation to reach clients at their job site
Salary is commensurate with experience. Full benefit package included.
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to: Human Resources Manager, Asian American Civic Association, 87 Tyler St., 5th floor, Boston, MA 02111. Fax: 617-482-2316. E-mail: email@example.com. Please indicate the job you are applying for and how you learned about the position.
Asian American Civic Association is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.