Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with the manager of Construction Change Orders with a main focus of providing Project Managers and Resident Engineers with review and cost analysis of contractor proposals, time and material pay estimates and change order costs including Extra Work Order letters, Staff Summaries, wage rates, labor hours, materials, equipment, overhead and profit factors for compliance.
- Ensure that change orders are processed in accordance with MBTA Change Order Guidelines and applicable contact documents.
- Provide assistance with the project staff in the review, cost analysis, negotiations, and resolution of change order issues.
- Attend Negotiation meetings with the project staff and contractors and assist with proposal analysis presentation.
- Attend job meetings as required, and visit job sites and field offices to obtain first-hand knowledge of the change order scope.
- Write a comprehensive record of negotiations and explanation of why additional work is necessary.
- Review specifications and drawings and confirm that the requested work is not in the bid design.
- Write a comprehensive description of the scope of work to be performed.
- Proactively resolve problem issues and expedite the change order process.
- Coordinate interface with Capital Management System (CMS) staff and Information Technology Department (ITD) systems.
- Assist with maintaining an appropriate central filing system for change order records and documents.
- Respond to each inquiry, whether from a customer, vendor or co-worker in a courteous and professional manner.
- Adhere to the rules, regulations, collective bargaining agreements (if applicable) and policies of the Authority including the EEO, Anti-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment and Anti-Retaliation policies.
- Perform related duties and projects as assigned.
- Three (3) years of experience in contract management, contract administration and/or the preparation/review of change orders and claims for heavy construction or transit industry construction projects.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or Architecture or related field from an accredited institution.
- Effective organizational, multi-tasking, analytical and confidentiality skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel applications.
- Excellent customer service, communication, and conflict resolution skills
- The ability to pass: background screenings: a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) check; and the MBTA’s medical requirements, including a physical examination and drug and alcohol screening.
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend and communicate effectively with customers, employees and vendors.
- Drive a company or personal vehicle to work sites as needed.
- The ability to provide internal and external customers with a courteous and professional experience.
- Have a satisfactory work record including overall employment, job performance, discipline and safety records. For internal candidates, the aforementioned applies to the two (2) years immediately prior to the closing date of this posting. Infractions and/or offenses occurring after the closing of the posting and before the filling of a vacancy may preclude a candidate from consideration.
- The ability to work effectively with a diverse workforce.
- Associate’s degree from an accredited institution and five (5) years of experience in construction management, contract management, contract administration and/or preparation/review of change order and claims for heavy construction or transit industry construction projects.
- Change order analysis experience in a transit setting