|Location||79 Coddington St.
Quincy, MA 02169
|Employee Type||Non-Exempt PT|
|Job Category||Arts & Education|
Looking for an outgoing, enthusiastic facilitator to lead a weekly 45-minute parent and child “Music & Me” class for children ages 18 months – 3 years old. This is a perfect opportunity for a stay-at-home parent with experience in education/music education (child care is available). Must love working with children and families, and be able to commit to 9-10 week sessions. Ability to play guitar a plus.
- PROGRAM EXECUTION
- Selects and prepares lesson plans.
· Identify materials/equipment that will be required for successful music lessons.
· Presents class goals, and aids students on the safe handling instruments.
· Demonstrates activities include movement, singing, and creating sounds with instuments.
· Maintains a clean and safe student work space.
- MEMBERSHIP ENGAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT
- Represent the YMCA and interact with members in a friendly, engaging and professional manner.
· Educate members of all policies and procedures of the YMCA and arts department.
· Build relationships with and among members.
· Respond to inquiries and resolve problems. If unable to resolve, connect to correct person to resolve.
· Create a safe and supportive community environment.
· Present a professional manner through a neat and clean appearance and proper attire as outlined in the membership dress code policy.
- FACILITY MANAGEMENT
Maintain a clean and organized classroom space.
Record and report any faulty equipment and /or lapse of maintenance to the proper people.
- VOLUNTEER DEVELOPMENT
Builds and develops volunteer capacity, sharing the social responsibility.
- COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT & SUPPORT
Assist in YMCA fund raising activities/events, and engage in collaborative relationships with community organizations in order to strengthen support and build community.
- Diversified knowledge of music.
- Good teaching skills, which make classes interesting for pupils and encourages them to participate.
- The ability to develop positive, effective working relationships with staff and supervisors.