|Location||75 Mill St.
Hanover, MA 02339
|Employee Type||Non-Exempt PT|
|Job Category||Youth & Family|
Under the supervision of the Youth & Family Director of Family Program Engagement, the Family Gym Instructor will be responsible for overseeing Family Gym Playgroup to teach different activities, songs and create lesson plans while providing a safe environment for all children. Performing basic housekeeping duties, interacting with parents/guardians, implementing age appropriate activities, supervising the children and record keeping.
- Provides careful supervision of children while engaging them in age appropriate play and activities. Coordinates lesson plans and oversees Family Gym Playgroup day to day activities.
MEMBERSHIP ENGAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT
- Builds relationships with and among members. Creates a safe and supportive community environment, assists in recruiting and engaging new members, and connects members to the YMCA’s cause.
- Ensures that Family Gym Playgroup is clean, safe, adequately equipped, well maintained, and attractive.
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT & SUPPORT
- Assists in YMCA fund raising activities/events, and engages in collaborative relationships with community organizations in order to strengthen support and build community.
- 1-3 years of related experience
- Child Care Background preferred but not required
- Must be motivated, upbeat and dedicated to creating a safe, engaging and fun environment for the children and families we service.
YMCA COMPETENCIES – Leader
Mission and Community Oriented – Accepts and demonstrates YMCA values. Work effectively with people of all backgrounds and levels. Willingness to serve and fulfill community needs. Recruit volunteers and build supportive relationships with them.
People Oriented – Remains calm in challenging situations and seeks to understand the underlying cause. Speaks and writes effectively. Develops rapport, relates well and takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Results Oriented – Discovers ideas to create and deliver a high-value member experience. Makes sound judgments, establishes goals, plans work, supports fundraising, and adheres to budgeting procedures.
Personal Development – Recognizes personal strengths and limitations, pursues self-development and demonstrates flexibility.
Position requires the ability to be on your feet for extended periods of time; the ability to bend, stoop or sit on the ground for long periods of time as well as the ability to lift up to 50lbs.