|Location||79 Coddington St.
Quincy, MA 02169
|Employee Type||Non-Exempt PT|
|Job Category||Arts & Education|
The Theater Arts Instructor is an enthusiastic, creative, knowledgeable individual who will work with children ages 6-12. You will guide children through the process of learning their lines, stage direction, and putting on a small performance. This is an excellent job for college students who enjoy working with children and have a background in theater.
- PROGRAM EXECUTION
- Selects and prepares lesson plans.
- Identify materials/equipment that will be required for successful music lessons.
- Presents class goals, and aids students on the safe handling instruments.
- Demonstrates activities include movement, singing, and creating sounds with instruments.
- Maintains a clean and safe student work space.
- MEMBERSHIP ENGAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT
- Represent the YMCA and interact with members in a friendly, engaging and professional manner.
- Educate members of all policies and procedures of the YMCA and arts department.
- Build relationships with and among members.
- Respond to inquiries and resolve problems. If unable to resolve, connect to correct person to resolve.
- Create a safe and supportive community environment.
- Present a professional manner through a neat and clean appearance and proper attire as outlined in the membership dress code policy.
- FACILITY MANAGEMENT
- Maintain a clean and organized classroom space.
- Record and report any faulty equipment and /or lapse of maintenance to the proper people.
- VOLUNTEER DEVELOPMENT
- Builds and develops volunteer capacity, sharing the social responsibility.
- COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT & SUPPORT
- Assist in YMCA fund raising activities/events, and engage in collaborative relationships with community organizations in order to strengthen support and build community.
- Diversified knowledge of various art forms, such as painting, sketching, sculpting and other art mediums.
- Good teaching skills, which make classes interesting for pupils and encourages them to participate.
- The ability to develop positive, effective working relationships with staff and supervisors.