Trading Analyst –
Keys to the Position;
- Experience (0-3 years) in an operations role working within financial / investment firm.
- Having a working knowledge of the trade settlements and collateral process is ideal, but not required.
- Needs to be proficient working with Excel
- This role will require strong analytical skills and an attention to detail. Skills with Access and/or SQL are a plus.
- An inquisitive desire to understand the details is key to the success of the individual in this position.
The Trading Analyst is responsible for the life cycle events monitoring & processing (settlements, corporate actions) trades. Because of the complexity and manual nature of some functions, the Analyst will continually look for opportunities to create efficiencies (automated or manual) in the processing, reporting and reconciliation of derivatives.
The successful candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree and 0-3 years of relevant industry experience, preferably with derivatives. This position requires independent judgment and analysis and strong communication skills to work with the team and management. The individual must be well organized, motivated, and possess strong problem solving skills. The successful candidate will have demonstrated analytical and writing skills, effective communication skills, and a high level of attention to detail. Being a self-starter and independent thinker is a prerequisite. While the Analyst will work in a team-oriented environment, many projects will be self-directed, often under intense deadline pressures.
- Monitoring settlements, lifecycle events and collateral of trades
- Facilitating break resolution between administrator & broker dealers
- Reconciling transaction and positions on a daily basis
- On-going analysis of current procedures and recommendations for process improvements
- Participation in ongoing process and system enhancements
Starpoint Soluions is a part of Yoh, a leading international talent and outsourcing company. Established in 1982 on Wall Street, Starpoint has grown to 850 employees, 13 offices nationwide (Boston is the largest office), 3 development centers, and revenues of nearly $100 million.
Our Staffing Solutions help our Financial Serives clients supplement their staff on a permanent or consultant/freelance basis, build their project teams, and manage their vendor management programs.
Corporate Culture & Diversity Vision
Starpoint cultivates an environment that fosters harmony, understanding and mutual respect. We recognize the importance of diversity and inclusion. We strive to maintain a diverse employee base, candidate database, clients, partners and suppliers. We fully welcome and solicit diverse views and perspectives. In our orientation programs, training, and through our management style and corporate culture, Starpoint teaches diversity and inclusion awareness and develops diversity skills that offer us a competitive advantage. Starpoint proactively engages competitive minority-, women- and service-disabled veteran-owned business enterprises to provide services to our company and to our clients.