This page contains a summary of the services of Buds & Blossoms. For complete information about the Childcare & Early Education Center, please visit the Buds & Blossoms website.
Nurturing Your Child’s Creativity
We provide a play-based, progressive program which emphasizes the full development of each child. Music, painting, shadow play, drama, art, dancing and other activities are used to enhance each child’s cognitive/intellectual and physical development.
Our Teaching Methodology
Inspired by the Reggio Emilia philosophy, even the youngest children are encouraged to fully participate in their own learning process, through exploration of materials in the environment and by making their own choices about what interests them.
- Teaching method focuses on multiple intelligences.
- Home-school relationships and parent-teacher partnerships are of great importance.
- Learning is documented by the teacher, who will provide regular feedback on your child’s progress.
In the classroom, children are taught in Mandarin, allowing them to learn a second language as naturally as they learn their first.
- Early childhood is the optimal time to learn language.
- Learning multiple languages has been shown to be beneficial to brain development.
- With the strength of the Chinese economy and its growing international status, Mandarin is a language of the future.
Infant: 1 month – 15 months
- Stimulating activities
- including music, movement, and art.
- Individualized schedule for feeding and napping.
- Outdoor time.
Toddlers: 15 months – 36 months
- Free choice play as well as group activities.
- Socialization (such as learning to share) and self-help skills (such as potty use) are experienced in a natural manner, honoring the differences among children.
- Outdoor play and walks in the neighborhood.
Preschool: 2 years and 9 months – 7 years
- Play-based and organized group learning experiences.
- Social and self-help skills learning experiences are part of the daily routine.
- Outdoor play and walks in the neighborhood. Field trips to libraries,
markets, and other community destinations with parent participation.
For more information and to apply, see the Buds & Blossoms website.
This post is also available in: Chinese (Traditional)