Green Jobs Training Program
The BEEMS Program is a 22-week long program that trains participants for a career as a maintenance worker. It teaches the fundamentals of carpentry, plumbing, painting, electricity, appliance repair, and cleaning plus English, math, and basic computers. This course includes a new “green” curriculum on energy efficiency and weatherization. The course includes a five-week internship.
The cost is $6,850 but free for low-income or dislocated workers who qualify for funding. English, math, and writing tests are required for admission, as well as an interview.
- This program is offered in partnership with Boston Public Schools Department of Adult Education and Community Services.
- The class provides hands-on training.
- English for the maintenance industry, construction math, computers & job readiness training.
- The Class meets Monday – Friday from 3:30-7:30pm.
- When you have finished the program, AACA will work with you to find employment.
- BEEMS now has five start dates a year in order to meet clients’ needs. Please contact Rochelle Silva for new dates
To Apply: Please attend our testing and information session. Testing takes place on Tuesdays at 2PM or by appointment. The session is approximately 2.5 hours.
Outreach Coordinator/Case Manager
(617) 426-9492 x227
This program funded in part by the
Neighborhood Jobs Trust of the city of Boston.